Pop-up advertising is high-performing and is one of the most common Internet sales tools. When setting up this format of advertising, it is necessary first to collect data from web analytics and user behavioural factors. The quality of these settings determines the effectiveness of a pop-up launched. To do this, consider the following issues:
- time spent by a user on the site,
- scrolling of a resource and settings for triggers,
- switching to a new resource tab,
- mouse cursor tracking on a client’s exit threshold from the advertised area,
- returning site visitors and others.
The peculiarity of pop-up advertising is that a click in any visible advertising part of a page leads to the opening of the advertised resource in a new tab or browser window.
When developing pop-up ads, it is necessary to focus on usability, visual attractiveness and value of the proposal for a user, with a mandatory call to action and adaptability for different devices.